McConaughey madness overtakes the most popular stories in Austin
Editor's note: An unlikely celebrity professor and wacky new bar lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Matthew McConaughey returns to UT to teach once-in-a-lifetime class. Alright, alright, alright! The University of Texas has announced a surprising new instructor for fall 2016. Meet Professor McConaughey.
2. This Clockwork Orange-themed lounge may be Austin's weirdest bar yet. This summer, highly anticipated bar Moloko joins the mix at 12th and Chicon streets. Inspired by Stanley Kubrick's 1971 film, A Clockwork Orange, the name refers to the fictitious cocktail of milk and designer drugs served to characters in the film.
3. Official guide to the best Fourth of July fireworks shows around Austin. The Fourth of July is all about fun, freedom, and (of course) fireworks. Here's your guide to the 10 biggest — and brightest — shows around Austin and Central Texas.
4. New Asian street food joint rolls into beloved Austin restaurant space. One local restaurateur is bringing a unique dining concept to Austin inspired by 10,000 miles of travel throughout Southeast Asia. Street opened this week in the former home of Musashino.
5. Brand-new Austin music fest reveals stacked lineup and unexpected location. The folks behind Sound on Sound Festival have released the lineup, location, and first round of passes for the inaugural celebration. Headlining acts Beach House, Explosions in the Sky, and Phantogram will take over Sherwood Forest Faire in McDade, Texas.