SXSW tips and tricks dominate this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: All things SXSW and a downtown Austin restaurant closure lead this round of top stories. Read on for the rest of the week’s hottest headlines.
1. Here are the top SXSW secrets for parties, RSVPs, and more. If you’ve never attended SXSW, the sheer magnitude of the event can be overwhelming. After 11 years of attending the festival, we’ve learned a thing or two festivalgoers can utilize for a more enjoyable week. Here is our advice for maximum SXSW happiness.
2. The eight best official SXSW events that are totally free. Contrary to what you might think, SXSW doesn’t have to break the bank. We provide the lowdown on the best free official SXSW happenings throughout the entire festival.
3. How to get downtown, around Austin, or avoid it all during SXSW. Festival crowds, street closures, presidential visits, oh my! SXSW brings out the best in music, film, and technology, but it also brings out the worst in Austin traffic. Here's your transportation guide to getting downtown, getting around, and avoiding the madness during the 10-day festival.
4. Another Austin fine-dining restaurant says farewell. Austin restaurants are closing left and right. The latest is Finn & Porter. Despite its almost 12-year tenure at the Hilton Austin, the restaurant has decided to close its doors.
5. Ultra-modern home hits the market in Austin’s hottest ZIP code. If you’re drawn to modern architecture and minimalist design, then you will love this new listing. Recently featured on the Austin Modern Home Tour, this one-of-a-kind unit is fresh on the market in Austin’s hot 78704.