Downtown Austin supermarket sweeps this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Downtown rumblings, movie screenings, and barbecue news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. There's a new supermarket in store for downtown Austin. If you live or work in downtown Austin, there's something exciting in store for you. A grocery store is on tap for the eastern edge of the central business district.
2. Modern Austin masterpiece hits the market with million-dollar views. A stunning West Austin abode just hit the market, and we've got a peek inside. Located at 5312 N. Scout Island Cir., the home was designed by alterstudio and is listed for $3,285,000 with Skout Real Estate.
3. Sneak peek inside Austin's new art house movie theater. On Friday, May 26, Austin Film Society opened the doors to its new art house movie theater. Ahead of the premiere, CultureMap got a first look at AFS Cinema.
4. Franklin slips from No. 1 spot on coveted list of best barbecue joints. The queen of Texas barbecue has returned to her throne. Snow’s BBQ in Lexington has vaulted over Austin’s acclaimed Franklin Barbecue as the state’s best barbecue joint.
5. Best lake getaways near Austin to beat the heat — and escape crowds. One of the best ways to beat the summer heat is to head to the lake, but it often seems that everyone has the same idea. Check out one of these nearby alternatives to Lady Bird Lake, Lake Austin, and Lake Travis that are less crowded and offer a wide variety of activities and water sports.