Super sudden restaurant closure tops this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Sudden restaurant closure and a hidden gem lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. East Austin restaurant suddenly suspends operations after barely getting started. Are you ready for this? Ophelia, one of Austin's newest restaurants, closed its doors just three months after opening. In a surprising announcement on Wednesday, the Cajun eatery said that it would be "suspending operations effective immediately."
2. East meets Tex-Mex at this yummy North Austin hidden gem. While it's no secret that North Austin is home to some of the city's best Asian cuisine, Asian-Tex-Mex fusion certainly isn't something you'd expect to find in a little retail strip on Research Boulevard. But you'll find it at Yummitaco.
3. Ultimate guide to The Domain's newest hot spots — and what's up next. The Domain has saved the best for last with the launch of Rock Rose, a parade of restaurants, businesses, and bars breathing new life into the North Austin shopping destination. Here's a look at what's open now, and what's on the horizon.
4. Tito's Vodka creator's newest Austin endeavor is a dramatic one. For Tito Beveridge, things couldn't be better these days. His business — Tito's Handmade Vodka — is booming, and he is looking at life as a "great adventure," one that he wants to celebrate every day. His healthy outlook is evident in his latest venture, a new play titled This Side of the Dirt.
5. Austinites reallyhate cleaning and other odd facts about locals. Austin is home to interesting people with even more interesting needs. The evidence? Thumbtack, an online service that links people with service professionals, combed through tens of thousands of requests from locals to uncover a handful of things truly unique to Austin.