Fabulous Austin fireworks light up this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: New developments and Fourth of July fireworks lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. This massive new development will transform The Backyard in Bee Cave. A celebrated Hill Country venue is getting a major transformation. On June 24, entrepreneurs John Paul DeJoria and Christopher Milam held the groundbreaking for The Backyard, a "50-acre fully integrated live-work-play creative corporate campus" off Bee Cave Parkway.
2. The best Fourth of July fireworks shows in Austin and beyond. Celebrate Independence Day with a bang. We've rounded up the best and brightest Fourth of July fireworks displays around town.
3. New nonstop flight takes off from Austin to Caribbean hot spot. Dreaming of a tropical vacation? This new nonstop flight from Austin to the Dominican Republic is for you. Vacation Express will introduce direct service from Austin to Punta Cana in summer 2018.
4. Here's your quick history of Austin's most extreme weather ever. Austin has it all when it comes to weather conditions — punishing heat, prolonged periods of drought followed by intense periods of flooding, dangerous tornadoes, damaging hail, and the occasional snow and ice.
5. New Thai restaurant fills niche in popular South Austin neighborhood. When one door closes, another opens. Krua, a new Thai restaurant, will open this summer in the former Barley Swine space on South Lamar Boulevard.