Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. Here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Stellar Austin spot unseats Franklin on Texas Monthly’s list of top BBQ joints. The 50 best barbecue joints in Texas have been revealed, and Austin, of course, makes a strong showing.
2. Austin slips 2 spots among hottest commercial real estate markets. Austin may have dropped a couple spots, but it’s still categorized as a real estate “supernova.”
3. Luxury bus service drives into Austin with $15 fares to top Texas destinations. Sit back and relax in business-class accommodations to Houston, Dallas, or Waco.
4. UT Austin hooks the No. 2 spot in new ranking of best Texas schools. Get your horns up for this news.
5. Austin housing market continues ‘calming trend’ as sale prices dip again. The market is still hot, but it’s cooling down from an unprecedented summer.