Merry Christmas, Kim Jong-un
Alamo Drafthouse was one of the primary proponents of Sony Pictures' releasing The Interview, and the Austin-based theater chain got the lion's share of the credit when the studio finally decided to do so.
But since the announcement, independent and arthouse theaters around the country have also agreed to screen the Seth Rogen/James Franco comedy. That total has now exceeded 300 theaters.
The Interview will start showing on Christmas Day at four Alamo Drafthouse locations (Ritz, Lakeline, South Lamar and Slaughter Lane) in Austin. A few of those showings are sold out, but the Drafthouse promises showings through at least January 1.
The Verge has done yeoman's work in compiling a list of each and every theater that will be showing The Interview. If you happen to be traveling in-state during the holiday, below is a list of every city and theater in Texas that will have the film.
- Abilene: Town & Country Drive-In Theater
- Carrollton: Venetian Cinemas
- Dallas: Texas Theatre in Dallas, Look Cinemas in North Dallas
- Conroe: Pine Hollow 6
- Ennis: Galaxy Drive-In Theater
- Gainesville: D-Max 6 Theater
- Houston: Alamo Vintage Park
- Katy: Alamo Mason Park
- Lubbock: Alamo Drafthouse
- Missouri City: Star Cinema Grill
- Mount Pleasant: Southside 6
- New Braunfels: Alamo Marketplace
- Portland: North Shore Cinema 8
- Richardson: Alamo Drafthouse Richardson
- San Antonio: Alamo Drafthouse Park North 8, Alamo Drafthouse Stone Oaks 6, Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes 9, City Base Cinema, Rialto Bistro 9 and Mayan Palace 13
- Tomball: Silverado 19 Theater
- Webster: Star Cinema 6
Additionally, Sony is said to be releasing the film via video on demand, meaning you can follow up your Christmas dinner by watching Kim Jong-un get cinematically killed in the comfort of your own home.