UT Austin earns No. 6 ranking on new list of best public universities in U.S., plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From the best schools in America to the best efforts at getting everyone health care, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. UT Austin earns No. 6 ranking on new list of best public universities in U.S. Niche, an education review and ranking website, has deemed UT Austin the sixth best public university in the U.S., up from No. 8 last year.
2. Admirable Austin high school ranks among top 50 in America, says U.S. News. The 2023 rankings put Austin ISD’s Liberal Arts and Science Academy at No. 32 nationally (up from No. 34 last year).
3. Former All Things Considered journalist curates live world music series in unexpected Austin spot. One of John Burnett's retirement pursuits is World Music Encounters, a nine-part performance and interview series.
4. Texas is looking healthy as the 2nd best state for nurses, Forbes says. Texas currently employs more than 231,000 nurses, the second-highest number in the country behind California's 325,620 nurses.
5. Hundreds of cancer survivors and supporters will paddle 21 miles through Austin in 10-hour ride. This September 11, paddlers will join forces to raise funds for mental health services for people affected by cancer.