So many Austin restaurant openings top the week's most popular stories
Editor's note: A ton of new restaurants and Waller Creek's new look lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. Watch Waller Creek light show magically transform downtown Austin. The third annual Waller Creek Creek Show is currently underway through November 19 with five mesmerizing installations from local architects, landscape architects, and artists.
2. Where to eat in Austin right now: Eight best new restaurants for fall. It's difficult to keep up with all the recent restaurant openings in town, and there's more to come. To tide you over, here are eight brand-new, high-profile restaurants to dine in Austin right now.
3. New East Austin barbecue and cocktail mecca opens its doors. Austin can never have too much barbecue. The latest addition is EastSide Tavern, which opened Thursday on East Cesar Chavez Street.
4. Hot Austin restaurant chain hooks huge money on Shark Tank. Korean barbecue favorite Chi'Lantro is the latest Shark Tank success story from Austin. Founder Jae Kim appeared on the ABC show to pitch his award-winning food truck, restaurant, and catering concept to big-name investors.
5. Austin design mavens launch new showroom that will please your wallet. When interior designers and entrepreneurs Aimee Laughlin, Jess Pearce, and Taylor Wilson got the idea for a new online decor shop, affordability and customization were top priorities. Austin Design House, is a digital one-stop shop for custom pillows, fabric by the yard, interior design services, and more.