Nonstop Austin travel news tops this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: Nonstop travel and dining news lead this round of top stories. Read on for more of the week's most popular headlines.
1. New nonstop flight from Austin to London takes off with cheap fares. Your next trip across the pond could be much cheaper. On Wednesday, July 5, low-cost carrier Norwegian announced a new nonstop flight from Austin to London that won't break the bank.
2. This luxe Hill Country getaway awaits less than 30 minutes from Austin. Summer is officially here, and with that comes the thought of a peaceful, relaxing vacation somewhere far away from our hectic city life. But if a long vacation is not in the cards for you, there is a perfect alternative a mere 25 minutes from downtown Austin.
3. Austin's first-ever axe-throwing arena targets summer opening. Nothing compares to the feeling of throwing an axe. Never done it? You'll get a chance when Urban Axes opens in far East Austin late this summer.
4. New York's most popular food cart finally debuts first Austin location. Anyone who's been to New York City is familiar with the iconic red and yellow street carts selling tasty Middle Eastern specialties. Now you can get your hands on the Big Apple's most popular street food when The Halal Guys opens its first Austin location on July 15.
5. Rainey Street sports bar announces last call — but there's a silver lining. Rainey Street is losing another watering hole. Bar 96, the popular sports bar from Dunlap ATX, will hold its last day of service on Sunday, July 9.