Andy Roddick's multimillion-dollar Austin mansion hits market and more top stories
Editor's note: Is there anything better than getting a look inside someone else's home? What about a look inside the home of a world-famous tennis player and a Hollywood star? This week, as news of their West Austin manse hitting the market spread, nosy Nellies and looky-loos (like yours truly) got an in-depth look at Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker's massive estate. Read on to see what else grabbed our attention this week.
1. University of Texas at Austin toppled as No. 1 school in the state, says new report. How can the same publication say UT is the No. 1 school in the state and the No. 2 at the same time? We attempt to figure out this conundrum.
2. Andy Roddick and Brooklyn Decker courting new owner for stunning $5.95 million Austin mansion. Don't worry, one of Austin's most famous couples isn't going anywhere. Rumor has it the dazzling duo is just downsizing to a smaller home in Austin.
3. Iconic Austin restaurant blames 'boomtown property taxes' for impending closure. Yet another Austin institution says goodbye. Threadgill's owner Eddie Wilson blamed (what else?) outrageous property taxes for the shutter.
4. $800 million district transforming Austin suburb into urban destination. Looks like we'll all wanna meander to Leander pretty soon. The Austin suburb broke ground on a massive, multimillion-dollar downtown district designed to be a bustling new city center.
5. Where to eat in Austin right now: 3 cozy restaurants that feel like home. This gloomy weather has us craving comfort food. These three spots have just the vibe — and down home dishes — to hit the spot.