Pfun Austin suburb pflies to top 50 most livable small cities, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From small towns to very large ones, and the roadside attractions in between, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Pfun Austin suburb pflies to top 50 most livable small cities. The outdoorsy city has a strong community and lots of local businesses, for a fun and healthy lifestyle.
2. Texas antiquing hotspot welcomes world’s first near zero carbon 3D-printed homes. These homes are 400-900 square feet, and are designed for more cost-effective building.
3. Austin could be 3rd biggest metro in U.S. by year 2100, new report says. It might even surpass New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago with two other Texan cities.
4. Texas accelerates to No. 1 on list of best states for road trips this summer. The drives are long but rewarding, with lots to do along the way. And not too many turns.
5. Austin earns surprising rank in new list of best cities to celebrate Independence Day. Austin's best metric was the weather, so it's not looking good for those activities.