Links We Love
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Panda, the South Austin dog whose photo went viral after she was rescued by two handsome members of the Austin Fire Department, has found her owners. According to the official AFD Facebook page, Panda's owners reunited with their beloved pet more than three weeks after she went missing during the Halloween floods.
2. Kanye West starts feud with Zappos, which responds in the most amazing way. Trying to understand why Kanye West would pick a fight with an online shoe retailer is as pointless as trying to understand why Kanye does anything. Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh didn't even attempt to make sense of the rapper's latest tantrum. Instead, he puts Kanye on his own special throne.
3. Bill and Melinda Gates host condom contest with cash prize. In terms of birth control and STD prevention, the condom is the gold standard. But complaints about comfort keep many lovers from using the wonder wrap. Enter Bill and Melinda Gates, who are hosting a "reinventing the condom" contest with a $100,000 prize. Top contenders include condoms made with beef tendon and easy-pull tabs that ensure a snug fit.
4. Pharrell Williams launches 24-hour interactive video. There is never a bad time to be in a good mood, and Pharrell Williams' ambitious 24-hour music video project puts happy vibes on display around the clock. Most clips feature regular people, but Steve Carell, Jimmy Kimmel and Tyler the Creator have cameos as well.
5. Ten things hangry people do. If you've ever lashed out a loved one because you missed a meal, this list will validate your hunger/anger. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a hanger attack, then you should probably start carrying granola bars in your pockets because there is no cure, only treatment.