Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, which means it's time to tally our most popular stories of the week. From the most expensive house for sale in Austin to details about Cedric Benson's shocking death, here are the five stories that captured our attention this week.
1. Exclusive $14.9 million home is the most expensive on Austin market right now. This house has everything: an organic garden, a 10-car garage, and a walk-in closet even Carrie Bradshaw would envy. And for $15 million, it can all be yours.
2. Second victim identified in UT football star's deadly West Austin motorcycle crash. On Saturday, August 17, NFL star and former University of Texas running back Cedric Benson died in a horrific motorcycle crash in West Austin. Earlier this week, Austin Police Department revealed the name of his passenger, who also perished in the accident.
3. Downtown Austin restaurant and beer bar fizzles out after 6-year run. The restaurant that inspired one of the greatest bad reviews of all time has closed ... six years later. Austin Ale House quietly ceased operations earlier this month, offering no explanation for the shutter. No word yet on what will become of the space, but if you haven't read the late Virginia Wood's scathing 2013 takedown in the Austin Chronicle, grab some popcorn and give it a read.
4. Austin liquor chain uncorks red-hot Dollar Sale deals to celebrate end of summer. Get those wallets and livers ready — it's Dollar Sale time. Twin Liquors' semi-annual booze sale pops off August 29-31, offering deeply discounted prices on almost everything in the store.
5. New Austin dating app helps singles find true love in good-hearted ways. Dating is so so so bad and so so so hard and it's made even worse when you drop money to spend time with someone you don't even like. A new Austin-based dating app wants to change all of that. Like Tinder or Bumble, Swoovy users swipe left or right on potential dates until they get a match. Where it differs, however, is in the actual first date.