These are the best places to watch Saturday's solar eclipse in Central Texas, plus more top stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From natural wonders to manmade victories, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. These are the best places to watch Saturday's solar eclipse in Central Texas. If you haven't had time to travel, there are still some places close to Austin — just make sure you bring legitimate eye protection.
2. First tiny home village in Austin suburb sees big demand. A Round Rock developer built a first-of-its-kind community to tackle affordability; It's called Mustard Seed Village.
3. Austin's Elon Musk is America's richest person for 2023, Forbes says. Surprise. Elon Musk is still rich. According to Forbes, Musk's net worth in 2023 is estimated at $251 billion.
4. Urban Texas palace on 9 acres stuns in new list of most expensive homes in U.S. The spacious property boasts a 22,000-square-foot main house, complete with six bedrooms and eight bathrooms.
5. Austin earns top 10 ranking for the best foodie cities in the U.S., new report says. Hot on the heels of Austin's designation as a Top 10 city for vegans and vegetarians, it's making waves as the No. 9 best for foodies.