A barbecue favorite's second location tops this week's 5 most-read Austin stories
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From new restaurants and stores to time spent behind the wheel, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Hometown heroes behind Asian smokehouse Loro to open 2nd Austin location. The famed chefs behind Franklin Barbecue and Uchi announced the new spot at Domain Northside for the end of 2024.
2. UT alums debut Rainey Street hotel with rooftop bar and local conscience. Opened by brothers David and Andrew Wood, the Cambria Hotel Austin Downtown stands 16 stories tall, right behind the Stay Put and Half Step.
3. 3 popular watch brands keep time with new stores in North Austin shopping center. Domain Northside will be home to three new watch companies starting at the end of 2023: Omega, Swatch, and Breitling.
4. Chinese fusion restaurant capturing national attention sets Austin debut. Zoé Tong opens November 8, bringing modern Chinese cuisine and Texan fare to the table.
5. Austin takes surprising ranking on list of hardest commutes in the U.S. Austin traffic may be among the worst in the nation, but it's looking good compared to some other big cities, according to a recent study by Forbes Home.