Austin pub abruptly shutters for strange reason and more of the week's hot stories
Editor's note: Stories about bars were all the rage this week, including the strange tale of Sherlock's Baker St. Pub and Grill's shutter. Read on for more hot headlines.
1. Where to eat in Austin right now: 8 bars where the food is as good as the drinks. It's much like Sophie's Choice: you're hungry, but you want to a great cocktail, too. Luckily. Austin is full of bars where the food and drinks are both on par.
2. Once-popular North Austin pub shutters — owners blame Hurricane Harvey. After an abrupt closing that outraged employees, the parent company of this North Austin spot blamed Hurricane Harvey for its demise. Strangely, its sister restaurant in South Austin remains open.
3. 2 Austin design stars named best in U.S. by prestigious publication. Some of Austin's top architecture firms were named among the top 50 in the U.S. by the American Institute of Architects.
4. Another new food hall destined for historical downtown Austin digs. Another day, another food hall. (Seriously. We wrote about this one, too.)
5. Iconic Hyde Park coffee shop and bakery expanding to bustling Mueller neighborhood. Beloved Quack's is moving to the east side. But don't worry, the Hyde Park location isn't going anywhere.