Editor's note: Wildflowers are beginning to bloom, temperatures are on the rise, and the allergy count is soaring. Welcome to spring in Austin. Before you head out to snap that bluebonnet picture, take a gander at our top stories of the week.
1. 16 restaurants compete to be crowned Best New Restaurant in Austin. It's like March Madness, but with food. Austin's newest eateries are battling it out, tournament-style to earn the Tastemaker title of Best New Restaurant. Learn about the city's best new concepts to open over the past year and vote for your favorites.
2. Our picks for best outfits spotted during SXSW 2019. For those of us who love people watching, it doesn't get better than SXSW. Wild looks mixed with tailored outfits, chic dresses paired cowboy-style ensembles, it all works during Austin's homegrown fest. Check out 16 of our favorite looks.
3. Austin Under 40 reveals 2019 nominees for prestigious awards. This year's crop of Austin Under 40 nominees run the proverbial gamete from PBS stars to architects literally shaping the future of Austin. The one thing they do share in common? They're all under 40 years old.
4. Here's how much Austin home prices have surged in the past 5 years. It's one thing to hear Austin's real estate market is booming, it's quite another to see just how much home prices have soared over the past five years...
5. Austin's seasonal nonstop flight to favorite Caribbean hot spot returns. Vacation Express made news last year when it launched the first nonstop from Austin to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Now, the travel service is bringing the flight back for a limited time. We "Cana" wait to go.