Editor's note: Hello from Austin City Limits Festival where we are currently hanging out in the CultureMap lounge (check out our Instagram for a sneak peek) and trying desperately to work despite the fun going on around us. Whether you're heading to the fest, or staying as far away from Zilker Park as possible, check out our top stories to kickstart your weekend.
1. Cult Korean fried chicken chain finally swoops into first Central Texas location. We're all for dining options outside of the city's core, but partaking in this cult fried chicken chain requires a drive to Round Rock. At least we can think of it this way — Ikea isn't the only reason to head north.
2. Austin adds new international nonstop flight to chic European city. Danke, Lufthansa! The luxe airline announced this week that it was adding a new nonstop flight from Austin to Frankfurt, Germany.
3. Tacodeli's first-ever nighttime restaurant arrives in unexpected Austin location. Moving forward, if you're craving late-night Tacodeli, you're going to have to buy a plane ticket. (The things we'll do Doña sauce ...)
4. Most colorful house in Austin plays host to stylish Texas Monthly soiree. In honor of the stalwart mag's newest SPACES issue, Texas Monthly held a swanky affair at Rancho Pillow owner Sheila Youngblood's colorful West Austin home.
5. Austin's new mermaid school splashes into local workout scene. Make all your Little Mermaid dreams comes true at this new swim class. Attendees don mermaid fins and partake in synchronized swimming-esque moves for a low-impact, high-intensity workout.