The country's hottest affordable neighborhoods lead Austin's 5 most-read headlines this week
Editor’s note: It’s that time again — time to check in with our top stories. From growing towns to strengthening bonds, here are five articles that captured our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. These 3 Austin neighbors are the fastest-growing affordable suburbs in the U.S., report finds. Georgetown, Kyle, and Leander all ranked in the top three in a new report on the 20 fastest-growing affordable suburbs in the country.
2. Ex-Bachelor host Chris Harrison & Lauren Zima lift the veil on their Austin wedding bash. After five years of dating, the couple got married in two lavish weddings — including one in Austin last weekend.
3. Rare modular home hits the Austin market for $3.3 million. The home was created using eco-conscious materials and fabricated off-site, which reportedly reduced the home's carbon footprint by 40 percent.
4. Oskar Blues falls in wave of North Austin brewery closures. The Colorado-based craft brewery put up a sign on its door, which simply read "We are closed," along with a thank-you message.
5. New one-of-a-kind culinary playground keeps restaurant debuts coming in Austin. The “launchpad” serves both as a 75-seat restaurant and a community space for chefs to experiment before venturing out on their own.